Good Evening beautiful, whoever you are! I want to start this post with this,
"Girls" Compete with each other. "Women" Empower one another!
I heard this quote a few days ago, and it really had me doing a lot of thinking. I realized after reading this, that it is so true. As I've gotten older I now notice that things are no longer a competition. I do things for me. Now that may sound selfish to some, but I don't mean it in that way.
I just mean that I am no longer doing things to be better, or out do someone else. I do things based on my goals and ambitions, and what will help me achieve them in the end. Without worrying about if I am doing better than someone else or not. One important thing I can say I have learned is that, other peoples success does not determine my own. Only my choices and decisions will get me where I want to be, so why would I worry about competing with someone else. I am my own competition.
So instead of competing, as I continue to grow and learn, I have noticed myself reaching out to help and uplift others along my journey. Sure, there have been some hiccups and upsets, but every well traveled road gets bumpy. Its all part of the learning experience of life.
So, the next time you find your self in a position of competition, step back and try to empower the other person instead. You may find yourself in the company of great support, instead of competition.
How do you feel about this quote? Let me know in the comments!
(P.S. Michelle Phan's motto is Empowerment, so it was a fitting topic!)
Now, with that said....
Here is my November Glam Bag Review:
Personally, I abso-freakin-loutly love this bag! I am so glad I got my ipsy back in time for this month! It came with 6 full size products and their all wonderful!
I received:
Nailtini in Champagne , Pixi Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched, Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless, BH Cosmetics Basked Eye Shadow in Sun, EM by Michelle Phan Mascara in Black and Starlooks Gem Liner in Amethyst.
I have yet to fully try everything but it all seems like great products. The bronzer is the perfect color for me, as is the nail polish.
Be a Bombshell Lip Crayon in Shameless:
Ipsy knows me and my love for a good red lip color apparently! This is the third red ive gotten in my bag, but that's ok! I love a good red! haha and this one is a good one. It goes on smooth, Its long lasting and the color is brilliant! Its a nice deep red with a subtle, shameless, shimmer. Perfect paired with a winged liner.
Starlooks Gem Liner in Amethyst
Im not the biggest fan of colored liners, but I've been using them a lot more lately, as trends start to change and this one will be a fun one to play with. Its a light grey-purple with an incredible shine! and its super creamy! It glides on like a dream! I will be sure to look for some more colors from Starlooks.
BH Cosmetics Baked Eyeshadow
Another repeat in my Ipsy bags is always gold eyeshadows. Now, I like gold eyeshadows, but I have enough already. Hopefully next month I'll get a different color. Although, I'm not complaining about this one! Its gorgeous and has great pigmentation. Plus, it has a little bit of purple and what looks like pink mixed in so its not just a yellow gold. Which is a nice change from the normal golds I have.
EM by Michelle Phan Black Mascara
Another first time for me is this EM by Michelle Phan mascara. This is from her new line and I am excited to try it! The brush is a little different from other brushes that I have seen or used, but it looks interesting, the bottom is shorter bristles, so it does from round, to almost flat on one side. I'm excited to use this and see how well her products work. I am definitely all about Michelle Phan and all her motivational energy.
Well Lovelies, that is it for now. I will be sure to bring you make up looks and reviews of the bronzer and polish. Please be sure to leave me a comment below and let me know how I'm doing.
Comments, questions of suggestions? Let me know below! I look forward to your feedback!
Until next week dolls!
No comments:
Post a Comment