Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy 1 Year IG Birthday to Me (facts and realities learned)


"Hey Kass, It's Friday, you're late!" yea yea yea! I know! But its better than not doing it at all!

Ok so,Hey everyone! Happy Friday! TGIF and all that good stuff!

So, Yesterday was my 1 year Instagram Birthday, or anniversary, whatever you wanna call it. I'm going with birthday, cause I like that better! lol.

Well, this made me think a lot about the last year. The good, the bad, the ugly. The things I've accomplished and things I maybe could have done without. The last year was crazy! That's all I can say! Over all, there was way too much drama, and not enough good. Even tho I fought like hell to TRY to do good things for people, some of those things just didn't work out.

I did however, make some awesome friends through the nail community, who I couldn't imagine life without now.

@Kaylascreativecuticles
@mscupcake05
@misslynnae

If you didn't know, now you know! lol.

These three girls have been my shoulders to lean on through ALL the drama, and I love them for that! They understand me, my goals, my beliefs and my struggles, and they still love me! Yay for besties! haha!

Over the last year, I even got to meet one of those amazing ladies, Lynnae, and shes just simply amazing!  She gets me. That's all there is to it. Shes my amazing Purple haired model friend, who's going to be around for a long time, cause I'm not letting her go anywhere! haha! You're stuck with me babe! lol!

I also graduated from Cosmo school and got my license. I will hopefully be starting my first job as a manicurist in the next week or so. I'm so excited to start this journey!

Hmmm...lets see.....other than that I cant think of anything else exciting that happened. But overall the last year taught me a lot about who I am. Through random interactions, unnecessary fights and drama with people I don't even know, and through trying to learn new things and creating things on my own with the help from no one. I've learned that I'm my biggest critic, and that's one of my biggest down falls in this nail business. But with the help of my girls, I'm slowly starting to love and appreciate my own work, whether its "liked" on instagram or not.

The fact of the matter is, that only a handful of us "NAIL GIRLS" will be likely to make it big based on our Instagram feed. The rest of us will have to work hard, building a client base to make money. Not all of us have the funding to buy new indies, or entire collections of colors (which leads to free stuff for being loyal customers).Some of us are working with very little, and were the ones who will  have to deal with broken nails and having messed up polish or no polish on at all in order to properly work on a client. But those clients will be happy, and well have more than just people looking at our work and copying it online. We'll have people sporting our work, showing it off to their friends and booking months in advanced to get an appointment with us. And to me, that is a greater accomplishment than simply doing my own nails everyday for others to look at.

So, don't wonder why I'm not on IG as much, just know that I'm out there bustin my ass, workin hard, making clients happy and getting things done, in a real way (not a virtual way)!

2014 is a year for change, a year for success, a year for ME!




1 comment: